Catching-Up With Laura Cain

lauracain Catching Up With Laura Cain

YAY! We’re back on the air! This past 17 months off have been all about my two all time favorite human beings who’ve ever graced this earth:  Charlie and Evan Cain.  I was a stay-at-home-school mom and I loved every minute of it.  I “taught” music every Tuesday afternoon in Evan’s kindergarten class and became really close with her and Charlie’s teachers. Evan’s in first grade now and Charlie’s in the fifth.  I also made a few really close friends this over the last year and a half… lifetime friends.

We’ve added a few members to our three person family: two frogs, two mice, a parakeet, some fish, a snake (which I lost a few months ago somewhere in our house) and a bearded dragon – click here to see those photos. This summer we enjoyed Friday night trips to Sonic in our PJs; sometimes we’d even bring Marc, Charlie’s bird. In the heat of the summer, we snuck into various hotel pools around town – click here to find out what we discovered…

It was a year of awards and I was honored with two of them: A New Path Strut for Sobriety Honoree for 2010 and The Momma Award, bestowed upon me by my kids one night. I’ll be coming up on four years of sobriety on March 7th and Charlie said he would give me my token at my Monday night meeting. I was also part of a panel of people who had the privilege of speaking to a group of girls in Juvenile Hall.

As far as work goes, I worked over Valentine’s Week at Dave’s Flower Box on El Cajon Blvd and loved it! I’ve also been doing a little voice-over work here and there… Wanna hear something funny? Here’s a TOTAL cheese-ball commercial I did for a lingerie company in Canada:

Oh and I also got to go to the Emmys with Tommy and Anita! Click here to see my Date – I mean – my picture with Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul.

More from Laura's Diary
Comments

1. jason says:

Laura, I knew it would be great to hear you on the radio again, but I don’ think I realized how great. Congrats from florida.

2. Elaine says:

I’m proud of you, Laura. You have done wonderful things with your time off the air. But I am so glad you are back!

3. Edwina says:

We lost a pet corn snake in our house many years ago for several months. We eventually found it slithering out from under the stove in the kitchen, I guess it was warm under there. I would suggest you to take a peek under your stove. Glad you’re all back on the air.

4. Molly says:

Laura: You look so beautiful in your pictures. I have been away from SD for 3 years. Met the man of my dreams, but the Army brought us to a small town in the middle of nowhere Alabama. We come back as often as possible. I have been following your blog.I wanted to tell you how incredibly strong you are. You have set a great example and are a good role model. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! all the way from Alabama.
    Much love and many hugs,
    Molly

5. Jorge Castellon says:

Did this Spot made any money?….was it a success?…. Laura sounded very nice….. Good job Laura… you should make more of these.

jorgeAC

6. Jen says:

OMG I love the guy says “Get oooover here..” TOTALLY Canadian accent.

7. Julie Munoz says:

I love you Laura and am so proud of you! Iove hearing you do traffic again. I live in Wisconsiin but lived in San Diego for 10 years when I was in the Navy from 1985-1993. Your voice kept me awake on my morning drive from El Cajon to Sub Base. I am so happy your back on the air. (I listen online) Call me sometime as I am a long time fan I would love to say hi on air. My number is 920-809-7478

8. Julie Munoz says:

Read more: Catching-Up With Laura Cain http://kyxy.radio.com/2011/01/26/catching-up-with-laura-cain/#ixzz1CAx2gKfk
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

9. Monica Royal says:

Laura,
    I have admired you for years! I too went through a divorce and I’m still a single mum of two who can’t get a date to save her life! I’m also a professional photographer and I’d LOVE to photograph your family, free of course. I just think you deserve something cool ike that. Check out my webpage http://www.monicaroyal.com click on the people section. If you’d like to shoot, please drop me a note. Cheers, Monica

10. Laurie says:

Today was my first day to hear you and it was great to hear your voice. You are so full of joy and it comes through. Congrats on your almost 4 years, one day at a time. You make the rest of us stronger!

11. Zona says:

How goes the rehab party girl. For you to look like some kind of hero because you are a drunk and drug abuser makes me sick. You are not the party girl anymore Mz. Cain and its time to grow up. I remember listening to you for years and came to the conclusion you are perhaps the dumbest person on radio. OH yeah, a great role model.

12. Mark says:

You are too cute and funny….

Check out my profile on POF…..I live in University Heights on a cliff overlooking Mission Valley. I am new with this online dating stuff and wow do I have some stories to tell in only 2 weeks.

I have homes in Ecuador and Belize but am home for the summer here to enjoy the nice weather and possibly moving back to Point Loma where I grew up, (or didin’t) in a home overlooking Kellogg’s Beach, the best kept secret in town for many years. Do NOT mention Kellogg’s beach on the radio.

I’ll be back to Point Loma this afternoon for some sun and swimming and a visit back to the new house.and see if it’s going to happen.

Mark
    619.296.6245

13. janice says:

hey Laura …love you al….you said a funny on wednesday i believe it was.. a joke of sorts about 1 guy 2 guy 3 guy…i was laughing so hard….i cant figure out how to sign in to your radio show but i would love to share the laughter with ohters in this evil time…..thanks….oh yea it was july 27.2011

Janice

14. Laura, single mom events and I think you can be a great voice and help. Check in and lets talk.

15. Laura…..have a single mom in town (San Diego County). A great outreach for you. Send me and PM on facebook so I can have her get in touch with you. Great to see you all back at work and you successes in your personal life. Check in and I’ll pass the info on to Jill.