In 1978, Olivia Newton-John slipped herself into those skinny black leather pants to play Sandy Olsen in Grease. But nearly 35 years later, she’s ready to see another innocent blonde take a turn at wearing those pants.
In an interview with CNN’s Showbiz Tonight, Newton-John suggested Taylor Swift for a remake of the classic musical calling her “very talented.”
Watch the full video to hear Newton-John share her feelings about Swift, a possible Grease re-make and who she thinks would be a close second after Taylor to play her iconic roll.
While Swift could be taking on Grease, Beyoncé might be stepping into Barbra Streisand’s shoes for another Star is Born remake. The 1954 original starred Judy Garland and was later remade in 1976 with Streisand and country singer Kris Kristofferson. According to Perez Hilton, this update directed by Clint Eastwood could also star Tom Cruise, who will be showing off his vocals in the upcoming Rock of Ages.
Newton-John meanwhile is currently making the talk show rounds to speak about her new cookbook, Livwise: Easy Recipes For a Healthy, Happy Life, and is heading out on a short tour in September.
Check out upcoming tourdates for A Summer Night With Olivia Newton-John below.
Go to Newton-John’s website for more information on her fall tour.
- 9/03 Vancouver, BC- Pacific National Exhibition
- 9/06 Boise, ID- Eagle River Pavillion
- 9/07 Sandy, UT- Sandy City Amphitheater
- 9/08 Layton, UT- Kenley Centennial Amphitheatre
- 9/10 San Diego, CA- Humphrey’s
- 9/27 Minot, ND- Norsk Hostfest
- 9/28 Minot, ND- Norsk Hostfest
- 9/29 Omaha, NE- Holland Performing Arts Center
- 9/30 Omaha, NE- Holland Performing Arts Center
- Shannon Carlin, CBS Local